Monday, February 28, 2011

Back at the Keyboard

Hello!

I've been wanting to come back to blogging for some time now, but I just couldn't decide how to do it. Many of you know me as Emmie from Fertility Lost, the blog I started in 2006 to chronicle the journey my husband and I undertook to have children. That journey certainly took a lot out of us, and nearly ended with my untimely demise, but somehow I'm still here and now H and I have two wonderful 3 1/2year old twin boys, A and Z.

The first two years of the boys' lives were about our recovery and day-to-day survival, and quite frankly nothing to blog about, but the summer the boys turned two we set foot on our first flight as a family. A door opened and a new phase of our lives as a family began. Now we're going about turning our little men into seasoned travelers. In less than two years we have taken them to Chicago, IL, South Bend, IN, Seattle, WA, Vancouver, BC, Alaska, Key West, FL, Miami, FL; not to mention all the road trips to Williamsburg, VA, Ocean City, MD, Nags Head, NC, the Jersey Shore, and Pennsylvania. In less than 2 years, all those places. And we already have our next two flights booked. From housebound with infants to flying toddlers across the country. Unbelievable.

While H and I definitely value our adult time together--from date night to nap time--we both would rather take our boys with us than to leave them at Grandma and Grandpa's house while we travel. I'm betting the infertility struggle plays a role there--we fought too darn hard and long to have these guys in the first place. They grow so fast, and I'm betting that it will be no time before they are teenagers who want nothing to do with us. H's family never traveled together. Mine always did. Does that make or break your relationship with your family? I don't know. But for now, we think that the family that flies together stays together.

I hope you'll join me in reading about our adventures, learn from our travel mistakes and sucesses, and have a few laughs along the way. It's good to be back!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I will definitely be following you along to your new digs. Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back!! Looking forward to your updates!!

    ReplyDelete